Knit it, Violet!
Finished objects, works in progress, and lots of rambling about two sticks and some string...
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
  Plain Vanillas, Mixed Berries
6.16.2009

Like a lot of knitters, I like to keep a pair of plain vanilla socks on the needles in my purse or backpack. I don't drive, so I have plenty of opportunities to knit on bus rides, waiting for the bus, waiting for appointments, and for classes to start (before I graduated, that is). These were my most recent On-the-go socks.
Mixed berries.

pattern: none, just plain ol' stockinette. Yarn: Knitpicks Felici in Mixed Berries. Needles: US 1 dpns.

This yarn is so soft. If you haven't knit with Knitpicks sock yarn in a long time, I strongly recommend you try it. The base yarn is 10,000 times softer than it used to be. Remember Simple Stripes? It's a sturdy yarn and the socks I knit from it wear like IRON, but it's a little rough. The Felici, and the newer Essential (they're changing the name to Stroll, which I'm not fond of, but I digress) anyway, these are silky soft. Buttery. And they wear well, too. They've pilled a bit more than the Simple Stripes (which haven't pilled at all), but I was them in the washer and toss them in the dryer, and they still look good. No felting. Just cozy, pink striped sock. What more could a girl ask for?

Labels: ,

 
Comments:
Very pretty! I have some of the felici in the neutral colors... You are inspiring me (as well as realizing that hand knit wool socks are the most comfortable socks to wear in leaky waders...) Did you use 60 sts?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: up in the redwoods, California, United States

violet is a crafty girl with feminist values. knitting is her main squeeze, but she also flirts with sewing, embroidery, mosaics, jewelry making, block printing, and polymer clay. she's also been known to cook and garden. she loves a good thrift shop, teapots, and her boyfriend kellen.

Gift Socks #3

Bear Claw Blanket

Super Secret Sweater
My Flickr
Twitter!
101 in 1001

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous |Next


8 pairs in 2006!
6 pairs in 2007!
1 pair in 2008!

My Amazon.com Wish List

My Secret Pal 11 Q&A

Powered by Blogger
AmazingCounters.com

.