Knit it, Violet!
Finished objects, works in progress, and lots of rambling about two sticks and some string...
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
  Holiday Gift Wrap-up, or Unwrapped!
I decided I better post about my holiday knit gifts before I post my end of the year wrap-up, right? I didn't really feel like blogging each project detail individually, so here we go:
Holiday Crafty Mosaic
1. Peaks n Valleys Socks, 2. Patti's Footies, 3. Corazon Mittens, 4. Grandma's Mini Clapotis, 5. Tired. but handknit., 6. Norbert!, 7. Soap and washcloths, 8. Coloring Wallet, Exterior, 9. Grandpa's hat., 10. Tea Towels., 11. Peanut Butter Blossoms, 12. cookies

Click on the links for details on the flickr page, or visit my Ravelry Page to see complete details. Oops, I just realized I forgot to put the previously blogged noro fetchings in the mosaic. They were well recieved...and now I totally want a noro pair.

I didn't get everything finished- Kellen's sweater, my grandma's lap blanket, and my brother's socks are still on the needles, but that's okay. They'll be done eventually. It was a very good Christmas, although gone too fast. I was spoiled as usual. Kellen bought me a super awesome Michael Graves tea kettle (it looks like a rooster!), sock blockers, a fiber scale for my handspun, and yoga accessories. I also got Scrabble, the new Mason-Dixon book, and a gift certificate to a new lys. Totally spoiled in so many ways this year.

I always like new years, but to be honest, 2008 was pretty darn good to me. There was lots of knitting, school was survivable (I got straight As!), and work was for the most part enjoyable. It was a very stable year, and 2009 will be...full of growth. We'll put it that way. Graduating, finding a new job, etc. Oh well, at least I'll have my knitting! Hope you have a safe and happy new year, and I'll be back in 2009!

Labels: , ,

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: up in the redwoods, California, United States

violet is a crafty girl with feminist values. knitting is her main squeeze, but she also flirts with sewing, embroidery, mosaics, jewelry making, block printing, and polymer clay. she's also been known to cook and garden. she loves a good thrift shop, teapots, and her boyfriend kellen.

Gift Socks #3

Bear Claw Blanket

Super Secret Sweater
My Flickr
Twitter!
101 in 1001

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous |Next


8 pairs in 2006!
6 pairs in 2007!
1 pair in 2008!

My Amazon.com Wish List

My Secret Pal 11 Q&A

Powered by Blogger
AmazingCounters.com

.