Knit it, Violet!
Finished objects, works in progress, and lots of rambling about two sticks and some string...
Monday, December 17, 2007
  A Christmas Meme
I survived finals, have only finished *one* knit xmas gift, and I've got a bit of a headache, so......


A Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags?
I know it's not ecofriendly and all, but I really love cute wrapping paper (and I try to reuse whenever possible). I do use gift bags when the gift is an awkward shape, though.

2. Real tree or artificial?
I always loved real trees, but it was more practical and economical for us to get an artificial. It's about a 4 footer or so, and pre-lit, so we get to go straight to the fun part, decorating!

3. When do you put up the tree?
Generally, the first part of December.

4. When do you take down the tree?
By the begininng of January, when I realize I can't keep Christmas around forever.

5. Do you like Egg Nog?
I like Soy Nog even better, because it's got a lighter flavor, but yes, I love it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My American Girl dolls, by far. I still love them.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
No, but I'd like to get a really creative one. Kellen's not a fan, however.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
I really enjoy gifting for everyone. My grandpa can be a challenge, though.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Kellen and my mom.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I've never really gotten a bad present that I can remember. Oh, maybe that bit of knotted rope from a friend in high school. That was weird. I've gotten some gifts that "weren't me" but they were all well intentioned.

11. Mail or email Christmas Cards?
Mail, all the way. Not everyone knows how to work Ecards in my family!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
It's a Wonderful Life and Charlie Brown Xmas, but I also watch The Grinch (cartoon) every year.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
All year long. Really! But more seriously in November.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
There's no shame, as long as it's tactful. Better than being wasteful!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My grandma's mashed potatoes. Okay, maybe we usually have them at Thanksgiving, but they're my favorite thing to eat, period. After that, cookies!

16. Clear lights or colored?
Colored, but clear can be pretty too.

17. Favorite Christmas Song?
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow! (it never snows here)

18. Travel or stay home at Christmas?
Stay at home. I worry about traveling in bad weather.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer?
Of course! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen (and Rudolph, if you count him). That was without cheating! I used to have "The Night Before Christmas" memorized, so that's how I learned them.

20. Angel or Star on the top of the tree?
Either

21. Open Christmas Eve or Morning?
Both!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Grumpy people in crowds.

23. What’s the corniest family tradition you do or miss doing?
Watching our taped Xmas cartoons. The tape finally died a few years ago. My family is dorky, but we don't have many corny traditions.

24. What’s the worst thing you’ve seen related to Christmas?
I try to avoid the terrible things.

25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees?
I like theme trees, but not in my house. Homey all the way.

26. Gingerbread or Sugar Cookies?
Gingerbread.

27. Do you like fruitcake?
I bet there are ways to make it delicious. I have faith in the fruitcake!

Labels: ,

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: up in the redwoods, California, United States

violet is a crafty girl with feminist values. knitting is her main squeeze, but she also flirts with sewing, embroidery, mosaics, jewelry making, block printing, and polymer clay. she's also been known to cook and garden. she loves a good thrift shop, teapots, and her boyfriend kellen.

Gift Socks #3

Bear Claw Blanket

Super Secret Sweater
My Flickr
Twitter!
101 in 1001

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous |Next


8 pairs in 2006!
6 pairs in 2007!
1 pair in 2008!

My Amazon.com Wish List

My Secret Pal 11 Q&A

Powered by Blogger
AmazingCounters.com

.