Knit it, Violet!
Finished objects, works in progress, and lots of rambling about two sticks and some string...
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
  Another FO to share!

A dear friend of mine is going through some unexpected and, to be honest, quite scary medical problems right now. Being a knitter, I did what knitters do when someone we care about is in need. I cast on. I'd been wanting to knit Odessa for quite some time, but never really got around to it. When I heard my friend's news, though, I knew it was the right time. I cast on with some hot pink to match my friend's bright personality, and a few days later, here it is, ready to be sent. She lives across the country, and while a hat might not do much, hopefully it lets her know I'm thinking about her.

Pattern: Odessa by Grumperina. Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Watermelon. Needles: US 5, Brittany Circ and Susan Bates dpns.

Labels:

 
Comments:
looks great violet! i love your background. :oD and i'm sending good vibes and healing thoughts out to your friend.
<3karla
 
Ooooh I love that!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: up in the redwoods, California, United States

violet is a crafty girl with feminist values. knitting is her main squeeze, but she also flirts with sewing, embroidery, mosaics, jewelry making, block printing, and polymer clay. she's also been known to cook and garden. she loves a good thrift shop, teapots, and her boyfriend kellen.

Gift Socks #3

Bear Claw Blanket

Super Secret Sweater
My Flickr
Twitter!
101 in 1001

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous |Next


8 pairs in 2006!
6 pairs in 2007!
1 pair in 2008!

My Amazon.com Wish List

My Secret Pal 11 Q&A

Powered by Blogger
AmazingCounters.com

.