Knit it, Violet!
Finished objects, works in progress, and lots of rambling about two sticks and some string...
Sunday, August 12, 2007
  cozy, chunky, quick

It's been all stockinette, all the time at la casa de VioletsKnits. That's all well and good, but sometimes a girl needs a treat when it comes to knitting. Something chunky, squishy, slubby, and woolly. Something quick and easy to knit without being mindnumbing. Enter the Blue Liccorice Scarf and Hat.

A few years ago I knit a hat out of a different colorway, my first hat without a pattern as a matter of fact, and I loved the yarn. It has a thick and thin, almost handspun feeling to it, with two yummy plies. When I saw the gorgeous blue color at JoAnn's last Friday on clearance for $2, I jumped on it.

I cast on the hat Friday afternoon and by Friday evening I had a hat. With a skein and a half left, I cast on for the scarf, and finished it the wee hours of Sunday morning. A cozy set that was easy and comforting to knit.

Yarn: JoAnn Sensations Liccorice, color #120. Needles: US 13 Clover circ and Brittany dpn for the hat, US 15 Susan Bates for the scarf. Pattern: basic hat, CO 47 St, 3 rows of seed st for the brim. Alternated 8 rows of garter st with 4 rows of stockinette for the scarf. I'll enjoy wearing this on chilly days at school this fall!

Labels: ,

 
Comments:
Oh, that's fun! I REALLY like that blue, and I'm not entirely sure I've ever seen that yarn before, but it does make up a nice little set - and quickly!
 
why the hell has it taken me so damn long to knit with that licorice?! i'm distracted easily i guess. i really love the pic of you modeling. funny thing is that i saw the same yarn in the clearance bins here in woodland when i was at joann's the other day. i almost bought some but remembered the hat and scarf i still haven't finished. haha.
 
Ohhh I like that! Gotta love the instant gratification knits.

BTW you xmas countdown just sent me into fits of anxiety.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: up in the redwoods, California, United States

violet is a crafty girl with feminist values. knitting is her main squeeze, but she also flirts with sewing, embroidery, mosaics, jewelry making, block printing, and polymer clay. she's also been known to cook and garden. she loves a good thrift shop, teapots, and her boyfriend kellen.

Gift Socks #3

Bear Claw Blanket

Super Secret Sweater
My Flickr
Twitter!
101 in 1001

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous |Next


8 pairs in 2006!
6 pairs in 2007!
1 pair in 2008!

My Amazon.com Wish List

My Secret Pal 11 Q&A

Powered by Blogger
AmazingCounters.com

.