Knit it, Violet!
Finished objects, works in progress, and lots of rambling about two sticks and some string...
Monday, July 30, 2007
  Calorimetry and Me
Brittney and Karla came over yesterday to watch the movie Antonia's Line, which according to Weekend Knitting was about unmarried women knitting while they waited out their pregnancies. Well, there was no knitting in the movie, although there was one scene where two women were winding a ball of yarn, and another where a woman was using an old fashion knitting loom...but we were expecting full on knitting and chatting about knitting. Oh well, it was a good film anyway. (Wikipedia calls it a "feminist fairy tale," which I can kind of see...)

Anyway, while the girls were here I finished my Sweettarts Socks (pictures soon!), and Brittney finished her Calorimetry. I had cast one one ages ago, but frogged it due to gauge issues, which practically everyone had with this pattern. I always meant to cast on another one, though, and seeing Brittney's off the needles inspired me. So, here's mine:

Pattern: Calorimetry via Knitty.com. Yarn: Leftover Noro Kureyon from a scarf I made my grandma for Christmas. (It's the smaller one in the photo.) The Cal took less than half a skein! Needles: US 9, vintage Susan Bates. Mods: Cast on 80 St instead of 120. Used W&T method to prevent holes from forming (with the exception of a button hole). Added a cute wooden button!

I didn't mean to burn though this project in an afternoon, but there it is!

Labels: ,

 
Comments:
It looks great! I keep meaning to cast on for a Cal' but I keep putting it off!
 
wow that was fast! looks cute on you. i need to post my pic of anna wearing hers. it just doesn't look quite right unless someone is wearing it.
 
I umm....hate you :) JK not really actually though it's pretty nice to see what other people do with patterns. Also I will need to come over and borrow...like I'm really going to give it back, some thread for my cloud buttons. See you today!
 
i would really love to make one of these. is it beginner friendly? i still need to learn to increase and decrease though. what is W&T? also, did you use circular needles? it's sooo cute!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: up in the redwoods, California, United States

violet is a crafty girl with feminist values. knitting is her main squeeze, but she also flirts with sewing, embroidery, mosaics, jewelry making, block printing, and polymer clay. she's also been known to cook and garden. she loves a good thrift shop, teapots, and her boyfriend kellen.

Gift Socks #3

Bear Claw Blanket

Super Secret Sweater
My Flickr
Twitter!
101 in 1001

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous |Next


8 pairs in 2006!
6 pairs in 2007!
1 pair in 2008!

My Amazon.com Wish List

My Secret Pal 11 Q&A

Powered by Blogger
AmazingCounters.com

.