Pam, Queen of the Badass Knitters
tagged me for the seven random things meme, so here it goes:
1. I've been a vegetarian since I was 9 years old. Everyone asks if I had some great epiphany, but really, my older brother's friend, this gorgeous, super-cool punk rock chick, was a vegetarian, and I just wanted to be like her. 11 years later, I guess it was a good life choice anyway. ;)
2. I'm blessed with two amazing, talented grandmothers. They fostered my creativity and taught me many things, including how to read, cook, bake cookies, and why it's important to always take a jacket. They are truly my greatest heroes in the world.
3. I met my darling boyfriend
on the internet. GASP! Everyone gives us a hard time, but we've been together for 5 years now, and I wouldn't change a thing. Besides, now that there are commercials for internet dating sites on daytime TV, I think it's becoming less shocking. For the record, though, we did not
meet on a dating site or in a chat room.
4. I was a breech baby
and had to be delivered emergency c-section.
5. My hair has been every color of the rainbow except orange. I started dying it at 13 and it hasn't been my natural color since. (Although for the past year and a half, it has been a
natural color, but not my own. I hate it and I want rainbow colors again.)
6. I hated
high school. Everyone thought I was really mean, my best friend moved sophomore year, and my boyfriend lived 700 miles away. The only good thing I miss is having virtually no responsibilities.
7. I don't drive, and I have no problem with this. Nothing makes me more crazy than people bitching about gas prices and then acting like I'm a freak for not driving. I might learn someday, but not until I
Okay, I'm not going to tag seven people (because I can't think of seven people who haven't done this yet!) but I'm going to tag Karla
, and anyone else who wants to do it! Karla can do it if she wants, but Brittney better
do it, because she owes us some blogging!