Knit it, Violet!
Finished objects, works in progress, and lots of rambling about two sticks and some string...
Thursday, May 31, 2007
  monkey, beehives, sweetarts
Karla and Brittney came over today for some stitching and bitching. and hair dying, too, but that's a different story. we're all working on the Bzzz Hat from Stitch n Bitch Nation together, but in different yarns.
I got this far:

I also finished my first Monkey, but I had to pick out my kitchener stitch and redo it because I was talking too much and not paying attention at first:

and for the record, this is how much sock can be knit (by me anyway) during Pirates of the Carribean III:

The girls just left after much excitement. We dyed Brittney's hair (her first big change, ironic since she's friends with me the hair chameleon) and she was a wee bit freaked out. It looks adorable, though. Anyway, now the apartment is quiet so I'm going to go drink my tea and catch up on some blog reading.

Labels:

 
Comments:
I had to leave a comment b/c I'm almost done with my first Monkey... in the very same colorway. I love seeing other people's socks knit in the same color and the way the yarn pools in exactly the same ways.... its the small things that amuse me. But the sock looks great. Don't you just love the yarn? I don't know what it is... it just feels so nice!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: up in the redwoods, California, United States

violet is a crafty girl with feminist values. knitting is her main squeeze, but she also flirts with sewing, embroidery, mosaics, jewelry making, block printing, and polymer clay. she's also been known to cook and garden. she loves a good thrift shop, teapots, and her boyfriend kellen.

Gift Socks #3

Bear Claw Blanket

Super Secret Sweater
My Flickr
Twitter!
101 in 1001

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous |Next


8 pairs in 2006!
6 pairs in 2007!
1 pair in 2008!

My Amazon.com Wish List

My Secret Pal 11 Q&A

Powered by Blogger
AmazingCounters.com

.