Knit it, Violet!
Finished objects, works in progress, and lots of rambling about two sticks and some string...
Friday, May 25, 2007
  It's not a poof, it's a man scubber...
I've felt a little bad for neglecting Kellen's sweater, so this week I did knitted up something small for him. My mom bought him some Manly Body Wash, and since he didn't want to use my pink fluffy piggy poof, I decided to whip him up his own bath poof. Ooops, I mean Man Scrubber.

Pattern: Puffy from One Skein by Leigh Radford. Yarn: 100% Aloo from Himalayan Yarn Co. Needles: US 10.5 Brittany wooden DPNs.
This pattern is essentially a knitted tube and an i-cord, so needless to say it was a pretty simple knit. It was really enoyable, though. I'm a totally sucker for new and interesting fibers, and I was excited to try Aloo out. According to the book, Aloo has medicinal uses, relieving headaches and fever, which is really interesting. It took a bit of getting used to (winding it from the skein was not fun), but using wooden DPNs made knitting a lot easier; it slips right off aluminums! I also had to watch what I was doing, too, because it was so easy to drop stitches or knit them together.

If you've been thinking about knitting this, I totally recomend it. I wouldn't exactly knit a sweater out of this yarn, but it was fun to try. Kellen's yet to put his scrubber to use, but he (at least claims) he's excited about it!

Labels:

 
Comments:
Oh how cute....oh I mean manly!

Start stalking your mail box :-)
 
I made a few of these for my sisters for mothers' day. You are so right about trying to wind it from the hank. I hated doing that. I like how they came out, though.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: up in the redwoods, California, United States

violet is a crafty girl with feminist values. knitting is her main squeeze, but she also flirts with sewing, embroidery, mosaics, jewelry making, block printing, and polymer clay. she's also been known to cook and garden. she loves a good thrift shop, teapots, and her boyfriend kellen.

Gift Socks #3

Bear Claw Blanket

Super Secret Sweater
My Flickr
Twitter!
101 in 1001

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous |Next


8 pairs in 2006!
6 pairs in 2007!
1 pair in 2008!

My Amazon.com Wish List

My Secret Pal 11 Q&A

Powered by Blogger
AmazingCounters.com

.