Knit it, Violet!
Finished objects, works in progress, and lots of rambling about two sticks and some string...
Monday, July 17, 2006
  kellen's sock, a baby hat, and two blobs.
my needles have been hot lately!
as promised, here's a picture of kellen's finished sock

fogive the shoddy picture, but he's crocheting on a deadline and i didn't want to make him get up to find better lighting. to the right is the few rounds of ribbing i have done on sock 2.


so, while i was bored with the sock, i whipped up a baby hat. i don't have a recipient in mind, although my mom has another expecting coworker, so if it's a girl, she'll get it.
pattern:baby hat from One Skein by leigh radford
yarn: sugar-n-cream in...uh, pink?

finally, yarn snobs sheild your eyes....

these amorphous blobs are the pre-felted incarnation of some monster slippers for a certain toddler's birthday. i based them off the monster slippers in Stitch-n-Bitch Nation, but used a pattern for toddler's slippers, with a closed heel.

and i am not going to apologize for my use of fun fur. yes, it's ridiculous, and is hardly worth calling yarn, but it does serve it's purpose. if your rowan fondling hands can't handle it, tough! ...but no hard feelings, right?
 
Comments:
Love the baby hat! I keep thinking about making one. You just sealed the deal--that will be my next project from One Skein. :)
 
Great sock! I've added you to Count Your Socks - thanks for joining us!
 
Nice socks. Glad to see you haven't succumbed to the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome
 
Yay for the monster slippers! I made some in green and blue for my flatmate once.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: up in the redwoods, California, United States

violet is a crafty girl with feminist values. knitting is her main squeeze, but she also flirts with sewing, embroidery, mosaics, jewelry making, block printing, and polymer clay. she's also been known to cook and garden. she loves a good thrift shop, teapots, and her boyfriend kellen.

Gift Socks #3

Bear Claw Blanket

Super Secret Sweater
My Flickr
Twitter!
101 in 1001

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous |Next


8 pairs in 2006!
6 pairs in 2007!
1 pair in 2008!

My Amazon.com Wish List

My Secret Pal 11 Q&A

Powered by Blogger
AmazingCounters.com

.