thank you, who ever commented on my last post re: my guage crisis. i don't know what i was thinking with my number confusion! major brain blip. anyway, i ended up frogging the whole thing and starting again, going down a needle size to a 2. with that, i got 7st/in exactly, and CO 77, for a total of 11 inches. whew! here's what it looks like now:
you'll notice i started shaping on the last row, but then i went to my notes and i'm going to rip that back and add another inch and half first, so it's long enough. lots of trial and error, but i don't mind.
then of course, there always seems to be a sock on the needles lately:
knitpicks sock memories in Grandma. just using a generic sock recipe, although next time i make a pair of socks in the memories line i think i'll spice it up a bit. i love this yarn but the merino is so
stretchy! it took me a couple swatches to get the fit right. i'm using size 1.5 dpns, but next time i think i'll use 0s or 1s to make it a little tighter.
that's all the knitterly news for today!